3's Introduction to Learning
The 3’s classes meet:
Mornings: 9-11:30 MW and TR
Afternoons: 12:45- 3:15 MW
Classroom size is limited to 15 students with 2 teachers.1:8 ratio
Children must be potty trained and 3 years by September 30th.
Our early education program emphasizes:
- Social development — sharing, taking turns
- A comfortable transition from home to school
- Learning through fun activities
- Listening experiences, learning routines, increasing attention span, accepting change in routine, and learning to follow multi-step directions
- Courtesy in speech and manner
- Three year olds are actively engaged in activities that encourage social development as well as Jesus Time, cognitive, large motor, fine motor, and listening activities. They include:
- Jesus Time and Chapel — learning Old Testament and New Testament Bible stories, how we treat one another, learning to pray and how to act the Jesus Way!
- Math readiness — numbers, counting, counting with
1:1 correspondence; recognizing colors and shapes
- Science and Social Studies units/themes with
experiments and hands-on activities.
- Story time — developing literacy skills
- Creative cooking
- Music— singing, finger-plays, performances
- Large motor skills — using all kinds of “gym”
equipment and our fun playground!
- Art — developing fine motor skills with fun projects
- Field trips and in-house programs
- Special theme days like Clifford Day, Gingerbread Day and many more.